The Cottage, 68, Atlantic Way, Devon4 Bedroom | 2 Bathroom | 2 Receptions
Commanding an elevated position within the ever-popular coastal resort of Westward Ho!, this imposing 4 bedroom detached house boasts a stunning panoramic vista of the sea from Hartland to Baggy Point and out to Lundy Island in the distance. Offering spacious and well-planned accommodation with a wealth of character features, the property also provides ample off-road parking, a single garage and a delightful terrace to the front taking full advantage of the view. Previously a holiday let, this home is offered to the rental market FULLY FURNISHED.
Rent £1,400.00 Deposit £1,615.00
Regret No Smoking, Employed/Retired Only. Pets considered.
Holding Deposit: £323.00 - required to secure the property
- 4 Bedrooms
- Available Early December
- Fully Furnished
- Stunning Sea Views
- Panoramic Coastal Vista
- A Wealth Of Character Features
- Spacious Accommodation
- Off-Road Parking & Garage
- Open-Plan Lounge/Diner
This inviting space welcomes you into the home and provides stairs to the first floor. Found at the front of the property, this comfortable reception room boasts a large bay window framing the panoramic views across the bay, exposed wood floor and a multi-fuel burner. Accessed from the main hallway or by sliding doors from the lounge, this additional reception area offers further space to unwind and offers an attractive feature fireplace. Fitted with a range of work surfaces comprising a stainless steel 1 1/2 bowl sink and drainer unit with drawers and cupboards below and matching wall units over, inset gas hob with built-in oven below and extractor over, dishwasher and washing machine, ample breakfast/informal dining area. Fitted with a large shower cubicle with rainfall overhead shower and separate handheld shower attachment, low-level W.C and wash hand basin. Landing with stairs to the second floor. This generous master bedroom enjoys a dual aspect with a large bay window making the most of the sea views and is equipped with a shower. A further double bedroom at the rear of the property offering a dual aspect. Well-fitted with a white suite comprising a panelled bath with rainfall overhead shower and separate handheld shower attachment, low-level W.C and wash hand basin with vanity unit below, chrome heated towel rail and useful linen cupboard. A comfortable double bedroom currently arranged as a twin overlooking the village and on to the sea with some restricted head-height and useful eaves storage. A further double bedroom arranged as a twin found at the rear of the property with some restricted head-height and useful eaves storage. The property is approached providing ample off-road parking along with a single garage and steps to the front door. At the front of the property is a thoughtfully created terrace taking full advantage of the coastal vista and sea view whilst to the rear is a mature garden in need of cultivation. All mains connected. Band D In addition to paying the Rent for the property, you may also be required to pay the following permitted payments:-
- Payment for Council Tax
- Payment for Utilities (electricity, gas or other fuel, water, sewage)
- Payments for a Television Licence
- Communication Services (telephone other than a mobile telephone; the internet; cable television; satellite television.
- Green Deal charge (if any).
- Holding Deposit (per tenancy) - One week's rent - This is to reserve a property. Please note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
- Security deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year) - Five week's rent - This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
- Security deposit (per tenancy. Rent of £50,000 or over per year) - Six weeks rent - This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
- Unpaid rent - Interest paid at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid on order to pursue non-payment of rent. - This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
- Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s) - Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). - If the loss results in the locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant and landlord and any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
- Variation of Contract (Tenant's Request) - £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. - To cover the costs associated with taking landlord's instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Early Termination (Tenant's Request) - Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord's costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. - These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy. Morris and Bott are members of ARLA Propertymark which is a Client Money Protection Scheme. They are also members of The Property Ombudsman which is an Independent Redress Scheme. You can find out more details on the Agent's website or by contacting them directly. If you are interested in this property, please request the application pack from Morris & Bott. This will be sent to you via email and will contain a brochure and the application forms along with the full process to follow.
Applications are open until midday 25th October to allow everyone interested a good opportunity to apply.
Initial applications are taken based on the information provided in the pack. After the application closing date, all applications will be sent to the Landlord who will shortlist the applications received. Any shortlisted applicants will be invited to view the property in person to see if they would still like to proceed. Once actual viewings have taken place, the Landlord will decide who they would like to progress to the referencing with and at this point the holding deposit will be requested and referencing undertaken. Please note that we will be contacting both successful and unsuccessful applicants shortly after the closing date to advise them of the outcome - this can take a few days depending on how long it takes for the Landlord to review.
The property will be removed from the market after the closing date - this will be done BEFORE the Landlord has made a decision. ;